2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Everyday Granola or granola
2 cups (500 mL) crisp rice cereal
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped dried apple slices
1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins
1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted blanched peanuts
1/2 cup (125 mL) packed golden brown sugar
1/2 cup (125 mL) white corn syrup
1/2 cup (125 mL) almond butter
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
1. Combine Everyday Granola
, cereal, apple, raisins and peanuts in a large bowl; set aside.
2. Combine brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in almond butter and vanilla, stirring until mixture is smooth.
4. Pour brown sugar mixture over granola mixture and stir until coated.
5. Press mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking pan. Refrigerate until firm.
6. Cut into bars. Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap.
7. Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 week. May be frozen. Makes 18.
Nutritional analysis per bar:
220 calories, 10.1 g fat, 4.6 g protein, 30.7 g carbohydrate, 2.8 g fibre, 41 mg sodium