Ever wonder how to best store and freeze your cookies and squares? Here are some tips:
- Cool baking completely before storing.
- Use airtight containers for storing. For freezing, choose freezer containers that seal tightly, that are moisture and vapour-resistant and that are not prone to cracking at low temperatures.
- Store and freeze soft cookies and crisp cookies in separate containers.
- Decorated or frosted cookies should be stored in layers separated by wax paper or parchment paper.
- To prevent shifting, use crumpled wax paper to cushion cookies or squares in corners of containers.
- If storing or freezing in decorative cookie tins, place cookies or squares into freezer bags first as these tins may not be airtight.
- Label and date containers and tins.
- For best quality, freeze cookies and squares for up to 3 months.
Have additional questions? Contact our team of experts to have all of your questions professionally answered.