Christmas Dinner Pre-Orders Now Open!
Whether you’re hosting an intimate dinner or a family feast, we’ve got the turkey and all the trimmings you need to enjoy Christmas with your loved ones. Pre-order by December 20 for pickup on December 22–23.
Cookies are often a favourite snack to eat and to share. Cookies made in a pan and cut to serve are called bar cookies and are more commonly known in western Canada just as bars or squares. Many families have recipes handed down for everyday cookies and squares as well as those for special occasions. We have put together a variety of helpful tips and recipe ideas all about cookies and squares.
Do you know how to best store and freeze your cookies and squares? Here are some tips:
1. Cool baking completely before storing.
2. Use airtight containers for storing. For freezing, choose freezer containers that seal tightly, are moisture-proof and vapour-resistant and are not prone to cracking at low temperatures.
3. Store and freeze soft cookies and crisp cookies in separate containers.
4. Decorated or frosted cookies should be stored in layers separated by wax paper or parchment paper.
5. To prevent shifting, use crumpled wax paper to cushion cookies or squares in corners of containers.
6. If storing or freezing in decorative cookie tins, place cookies or squares into freezer bags first as the tins may not be airtight.
7. Label and date containers and tins.
8. For best quality, freeze cookies and squares for up to 3 months.