Decorating for the holidays doesn’t have to be expensive. With just a few craft items, you can make your home festive for the holidays. Follow our easy guide on how to make decorative mini wreaths that can be used as candle rings, hanging decorations, in tablescaping and so much more.
For each wreath you will need:
- Bendable wire or pipe cleaner, about 6 inches
- 3 inch metal ring
- 5 yards (4.5 m) green macrame cord or bulky yarn, cut into 3 inch pieces (60 pieces in all)
- Small pompoms or beads
- Use bendable wire to make a hanger. Make a loop and twist the open ends onto the metal ring.
- Working with one piece of cord at a time, knot cords onto the hoop using simple or overhand knots. The ends do not need to line up in the same direction.
- Brush out or fray cord ends to give wreath bulk.
- Decorate wreath by tying on pieces of ribbon and gluing on pompoms and beads.
Tip: Try using 2 or more colours of green cord, or make a multi-colour wreath