How-to make sock spiders
Decorating the house for Halloween can be a great activity for the whole family. No need to purchase expensive items, just follow our easy steps to make homemade spiders using old socks and some household items. The kids will have fun picking out the perfect spooky spots to hang them.
For each spider, you will need:
- 1 sock
- Loose polyester stuffing
- 4 thin elastic bands or string
- 2 – 6 googly eyes
- 4 pipe cleaners or thick wires
- Fill sock with enough stuffing to create an oval shape. Using an elastic, close open end of sock close to the stuffing. Cut off any excess sock.
- To make the head, pinch a 1-2 inch ball at the toe end of the sock. Wrap an elastic where you have pinched.
- To make the mandibles, pinch two small sections from the very front of the head and tie off with small elastics
- Push pipe cleaners through bottom of your spider to create 8 legs, 4 on each side. Bend and trim as desired. Legs can also be glued into place.
- Glue on googly eyes and allow to dry.
Hang your spiders in windows or from trees by attaching some yarn or kitchen twine to the middle of the spider, making it look like it’s spinning silk.
- 1 sock