ALMOND TOFFEE SQUARES
These tasty no-bake squares are shockingly simple, you won’t believe how effortless they are to make. Graham wafers serve as a base for a quick toffee, melted chocolate and slivered almonds — it doesn’t get any easier!
Yield: Makes 24.
July 02, 2019
- 26 graham wafers
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- Place graham wafers in a single layer in a non-stick foil-lined 10x15 inch rimmed baking sheet, cutting graham wafers as needed to fill pan. Graham wafers should fit tightly; set aside.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a small heavy sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Pour butter mixture over graham wafers and spread evenly. Let stand for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips in a single layer on top of butter mixture. Let stand for 4 minutes or until chocolate chips are almost melted. Spread melted chocolate chips evenly over butter mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate, uncovered, until firm.
- Remove pan from refrigerator. Let stand for 20 - 30 minutes. Using foil as an aid, lift square from pan and cut into squares. Remove squares from foil. Store layered with parchment paper. May be stored in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 week.
108 calories, 6.4 g fat, 1.1 g protein, 12.9 g carbohydrate, 56 mg sodium