APPLE CHEESE BALL
Surprise guests at your next party with this clever cheese ball. It looks just like an apple, but is actually a combination of Gouda and cream cheese, decorated with paprika and a cinnamon stick.
Yield: Makes 1 large or 2 small cheese balls.
July 02, 2019
- 3 cups Gouda cheese, shredded
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 - 2 cinnamon sticks (1 1/2 inch each)*
- 1 - 2 bay leaves*
- Process Gouda cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder, dry mustard, cayenne and nutmeg in a food processor until smooth. Chill mixture until slightly firm.
- Shape mixture into 1 large or 2 small balls. Wrap and chill until firm. Make an indentation in top of each ball to resemble an apple. Place paprika in plastic bag. Add cheese ball and gently toss until completely coated. Insert cinnamon stick and bay leaf into indentation to resemble an apple stem and leaf. Keep refrigerated for up to 4 days. May be frozen for up to 2 weeks. Serve with crackers.
100 calories, 8.8 g fat, 4.4 g protein, 1.2 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 168 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.