APPLE CHUTNEY WITH THYME
This chunky apple chutney is packed with both sweet and savoury flavour. Serve this tasty condiment alongside roast or grilled meats, as part of a cheese board or as a sandwich spread.
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups.
July 02, 2019
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples
- 1/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp thyme, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until apples are soft and translucent and mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes; cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
100 calories, 2.1 g fat, 0.6 g protein, 20.6 g carbohydrate, 1.9 g fibre, 159 mg sodium