APPLE MAPLE OATMEAL
Use apple juice instead of water with this quick-cooking oatmeal for added sweetness and flavour. Goodies like pecans, raisins and a splash of maple syrup make this a tasty hot breakfast.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted pecans
- Combine oatmeal, apple juice, salt, cinnamon and raisins in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Stir in syrup and nuts. Garnish with raisins. Serve immediately.
244 calories, 3.7 g fat, 4.2 g protein, 51.2 g carbohydrate, 3.5 g dietary fibre, 300 mg sodium