APPLE AND PUMPKIN CRISP
Two of fall’s favourite pie fillings in one dessert! Apple and pumpkin come together in this easy baked crisp. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream, if you like.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 4 cups sliced peeled apples
- 4 cups sliced peeled pumpkin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Dash nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine apples, pumpkin, lemon juice, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, salt, pepper and dash of nutmeg. Spoon pumpkin mixture into a shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Combine remaining 1/4 tsp cinnamon, flour, brown sugar and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture; cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until pumpkin and apples are tender and topping is golden, about 30 minutes.
161 calories, 7.9 g fat, 1.6 g protein, 23.3 g carbohydrate, 1.6 g fibre, 257 mg sodium