ARCTIC CHAR WITH ORANGE MAYONNAISE
Arctic Char is a pink-fleshed fish that’s part of the same family as salmon and trout. It’s rich flavour stands up well to our flavourful Orange Mayonnaise. Spread the mayonnaise sauce on liberally after grilling the fish on a closed barbecue.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 lb (1.75 kg) arctic char fillet
- Orange Mayonnaise*
- To prepare rub, combine parsely, thyme, lemon peel, lime peel, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place arctic char, skin side down, on a piece of heavy-duty foil; trim foil so that it is slightly larger than fillet. Spread rub over arctic char, patting gently onto surface. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Place foil with arctic char on barbecue grid. With lid down, cook arctic char until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 - 12 minutes per inch of thickness. Serve with Orange Mayonnaise.
327 calories, 14.5 g fat, 45.6 g protein, 0.7 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g fibre, 260 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Yield: Makes about 1 cup.
- Combine all ingredients until blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving.