This crunchy coleslaw is packed with extra veggies and serves as a great side dish for an Asian-inspired meal. Flavoured with sesame seeds and rice vinegar, it’s also a low-fat alternative to traditional creamy coleslaw.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced pickled ginger
- 1 green onion, diagonally sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seed, toasted
- To prepare dressing, stir together vinegar and sugar.
- Combine coleslaw mix, bell peppers, snow peas, pickled ginger, onion and sesame seeds. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 6 hours.
60 Calories, 0.4 g fat, 0.8 g protein, 12.8 g carbohydrate, 2.5 g fibre, 91 mg sodium