ASIAN SALMON WITH WASABI MAYONNAISE
Give your grilled salmon a touch of Asian flair with a soy marinade. This fish dish pairs perfectly with our easy Wasabi Mayonnaise. Use it as a dip or spread it right on the salmon before serving.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 lb (1 kg) salmon fillet
- Wasabi Mayonnaise*
- To prepare marinade, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, sugar and garlic in a heavy zip-lock plastic bag. Add salmon and squeeze bag to coat salmon with marinade; seal bag. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade. Place salmon, skin side down, on a piece of heavy-duty foil. Trim foil so it is slightly larger than fillet.
- With lid down, cook salmon until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 - 12 minutes per inch of thickness. Serve with Wasabi Mayonnaise.
360 calories, 23 g fat, 34.5 g protein, 1.2 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 289 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
Yield: Makes about 1 cup.
- Combine all ingredients until blended. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Serve with salmon.