Give your grilled vegetables a bit of Asian flair with this easy ginger soy marinade. This tasty mélange of zucchini, peppers, onions and mushrooms makes a great side dish to serve with skewers or other barbecued meat.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cups whole medium mushrooms
- To prepare marinade, whisk together garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Toss vegetables with marinade to coat. Let vegetables stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from marinade; discard marinade. Place vegetables in a grill wok or on a grill topper and grill, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are browned and tender, about 10 - 15 minutes.
187 calories, 10.7 g fat, 4.2 g protein, 20.1 g carbohydrate, 2.8 g fibre, 424 mg sodium