ASIAN WILD RICE SALAD
Wild rice makes for an easily transportable picnic salad or potluck side dish. This salad has some extra kick thanks to a soy wasabi dressing.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced seeded English cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine broth and wild rice in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and wild rice is tender, about 30 minutes. Transfer wild rice to a large bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, to prepare dressing, whisk together soy sauce, oil and wasabi paste until blended. Add tomatoes, cucumber, green onions and cilantro to wild rice. Add dressing and toss to combine.
244 calories, 3.1 g fat, 10.7 g protein, 44.8 g carbohydrate, 4.4 g fibre, 638 mg sodium