Asparagus and Dijon mustard is a classic French pairing. This elegant side dish combines freshly steamed asparagus with a subtle and creamy Dijon sauce.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed
- To prepare mustard sauce, combine mayonnaise, mustard and onion; fold into whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Steam asparagus until tender crisp, about 3 - 5 minutes; drain. Serve asparagus topped with mustard sauce.
247 calories, 22.4 g fat, 5.2 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 4.3 g fibre, 274 mg sodium