The “mimosa” in this recipe’s title refers to the mimosa flower, which looks a bit like this salad’s sieved egg yolk garnish. Asparagus forms the base, for a fresh spring time starter or side dish.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 24 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved
- Cook asparagus in boiling salted water just until tender, about 6 - 8 minutes; drain. Cool immediately in ice water; drain.
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together vinegar, green onion, mustard, salt and pepper until combined. Gradually whisk in oil until blended; set aside.
- Remove yolks from eggs. Force yolks through a sieve using the back of a spoon. Finely chop egg whites.
- Toss asparagus with 2 tbsp vinaigrette. Arrange asparagus on a serving plate. Sprinkle egg whites across centre of asparagus. Sprinkle yolks over egg whites. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over top.
144 calories, 13.6 g fat, 3.6 g protein, 2.9 g carbohydrate, 1.4 g fibre, 143 mg sodium