Freshly grated Parmesan cheese is the perfect accompaniment to steamed asparagus. This easy side dish goes wonderfully with fish or roast chicken.
Yield: Serves 3.
July 03, 2019
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper until blended.
- Steam asparagus just until tender crisp, about 4 - 5 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a plate. Drizzle with oil mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
131 calories, 8.4 g fat, 7.9 g protien, 9.4 g carbohydrate, 4.3 g fibre, 393 mg sodium