ATHENIAN POTATO SALAD
Potato and green bean salad gets a Greek twist with dried tomatoes, feta cheese and kalamata olives. A dash of hot pepper sauce gives this unique salad a nice dose of heat.
Yield: Serve 6.
July 02, 2019
- 4 cups halved small red potatoes
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp rosemary, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup shredded feta cheese
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes. Add beans and cook 4 - 5 minutes or until potatoes and beans are tender; drain.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together lemon juice, Dijon mustard, hot pepper sauce, rosemary and salt in a serving bowl. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Stir in tomatoes. Toss hot potatoes and beans with dressing. Refrigerate until cold. Stir in olives and feta cheese. Cover and refrigerate until serving or for up to 4 hours.
221 calories, 12.5 g fat, 4.7 g protein, 22.2 g carbohydrate, 3.7 g fibre, 474 mg sodium