BACON AND CHEESE POTATO PACKETS
Wrapping potatoes in foil packets is one of the easiest ways to cook potatoes on the barbecue. Add some ooey-gooey goodness with three kinds of cheese and crumbled bacon.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 8 cups sliced peeled potatoes, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 lb (250 g) bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Dividing equally, place potato mixture in centres of 2 large pieces of nonstick foil. For each piece, bring edges of foil together to form a packet; close all edges with tight double folds.
- Cook, turning packets over frequently, until potatoes are tender, about 45 - 50 minutes.
427 calories, 26.3 g fat, 22.1 g protein, 26.1 g carbohydrate, 2.9 g fibre, 1140 mg sodium