BACON AND CHEESE STUFFED TOMATOES
These cute cherry tomato appetizers will impress at your next appetizer party. Stuffed with Parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon, they’re a small but mighty bite.
Yield: Makes 50.
July 02, 2019
- 50 - 60 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Cut a thin slice off top of each tomato; discard slices. Using a small melon baller or small spoon, scoop pulp out of tomatoes, leaving a 1/8 inch thick shell; discard pulp. Invert tomato shells onto several layers of paper towels. Let stand for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to prepare filling, combine all remaining ingredients. Spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large tip.
- Pipe filling into tomato shells. Alternatively, filling may be spooned into tomato shells. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
29 calories, 2.5 g fat, 0.9 g protein, 0.8 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g fibre, 36 mg sodium