BACON CINNAMON PANCAKES
Cinnamon and bacon go together better than you may think! These bacon-packed pancakes will be a showstopper at your next weekend brunch.
Yield: Makes 13.
July 02, 2019
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped bacon
- 1 cup milk (2%)
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Maple syrup*
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Sauté bacon in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat until browned and crisp. Remove from heat. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; drain bacon on paper towels and set aside. Drain off and reserve 1 tbsp fat from frypan; cool slightly.
- Whisk together reserved 1 tbsp fat, milk, yogurt, eggs, cooled melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Using 1/3 cup batter for each pancake, spoon batter, spreading lightly, onto a lightly greased griddle or non-stick frypan over medium heat. Sprinkle each with about 1 tbsp bacon.
- Cook pancakes until golden brown, about 2 - 3 minutes per side. Serve with maple syrup.
158 calories, 6.9 g fat, 6.4 g protein, 16.8 g carbohydrate, 0.6 g fibre, 479 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.