BALSAMIC GRILLED ASPARAGUS
Asparagus is a cinch to do on the grill. To maximize your flavour, marinate the spears in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard for an hour before putting them on the barbecue.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 03, 2019
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 20 asparagus spears, trimmed
- To prepare marinade, combine all ingredients except asparagus in a large heavy zip-lock plastic bag. Add asparagus and squeeze bag to coat asparagus with marinade. Seal bag and place on a plate. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove asparagus from marinade; discard marinade. Grill asparagus, turning occasionally, until tender, about 5 - 7 minutes.
97 calories, 8.6 g fat, 1.9 g protein, 4.2 g carbohydrate, 1.7 g fibre, 48 mg sodium