BARLEY AND CORN SALAD
Pearl barley is polished to remove the bran of the grain, giving it a smooth and creamy texture. This dish pairs pearl barley with corn for a fresh and tasty salad.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 1/2 cups frozen kernel corn
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook barley according to package directions, adding corn for last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer barley and corn to a bowl; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to prepare dressing, whisk together lemon juice, salt and pepper until combined. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Add bell peppers, green onions and cilantro to barley mixture. Add dressing and toss to combine.
303 calories, 7.9 g fat, 7.2 g protein, 54.9 g carbohydrate, 10.5 fibre, 304 mg sodium