BASIC BAKED MEATBALLS
This basic baked beef meatball recipe is a must for your repertoire. Throw these in with your favourite pasta sauce, stuff them in a sandwich, or serve them with a tangy dipping sauce for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Yield: Makes 24.
July 02, 2019
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Shape mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place balls in a nonstick foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until completely cooked, about 25 - 30 minutes. Cooked meatballs may be frozen for up to 2 months.
33 calories, 1.6 g fat, 3.8 g protein, 0.8 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 90 mg sodium