BASIC POTATO SALAD
There are so many variations on potato salad, but sometimes nothing beats the classic combination of potato, hard-cooked eggs, celery and a mustard-mayo dressing. If you have some other vegetables you’d like to add, go ahead and throw them into the mix.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper*
- Combine potatoes, eggs, celery and green onion. Add mustard to mayonnaise and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over potato mixture and stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
369 calories, 24.9 g fat, 7.2 g protein, 31.1 g carbohydrate, 3.7 g fibre, 264 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
Extra vegetables, such as thinly sliced radish, finely chopped green or red bell pepper, chopped dill pickle, chopped sweet pickle or coarsely shredded carrot may be added, if desired.