Beetroot Bean Dip
Looking to expand your dip horizons? Look no further. When hummus is just not doing it for you, try this one instead. It will easily become your next favourite dip!
Yield: Makes about 2 cups.
October 08, 2019
- 2 small pickled red beets (about ⅓ lb/180 g)
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp cumin, divided
- ½ tsp chili powder, divided
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Place beets and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add cannellini beans, tahini, 1 tbsp oil, ½ tsp cumin, ¼ tsp chili powder and salt. Process until smooth. May be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Place hummus in a serving bowl, drizzle with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with ¼ tsp cumin and ¼ tsp chili powder. Serve with crackers.
64 calories, 3.3 g fat, 2.4 g protein, 7.1 g carbohydrate, 1.9 g fibre, 127 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.