BEST BEEF STROGANOFF
This recipe has everything that makes Stroganoff so wonderful: tender beef, sour cream, pickles and paprika. It’s great served over freshly cooked egg noodles.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper*
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup) chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups egg noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, stirring, until browned.
- Transfer steak to a plate; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and paprika; stir to combine. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and cook, stirring, until broth is reduced by one-third.
- Return beef and any accumulated juices to pan; stir to combine. Stir in sour cream, pickles and parsley. Add cooked noodles and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through.
352 calories, 27.1 g fat, 9.1 g protein, 18.8 g carbohydrate, 5.2 g fibre, 348 mg sodium