Make your bread restaurant-worthy by topping it with mayo, cheese, savoury olives and sundried tomatoes. This bread is good enough to be a meal in and of itself, or you can serve it alongside soup or a grilled steak.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped drained oil-packed dried tomatoes
- 1 can (4 1/2 oz/125 mL) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf French bread, split lengthwise
- Combine all ingredients except bread until well blended.
- Spread butter mixture over cut side of bread halves; reassemble loaf. Cut loaf diagonally into 1 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Wrap loaf in foil. Heat bread over medium heat on natural gas barbecue, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes or until heated through.
299 calories, 12.6 g fat, 11.8 g protein, 35.4 g carbohydrate, 2.2 g fibre, 545 mg sodium