BITE SIZE CAESAR SALADS
These appetizer-sized salads will be a hit at your next party. Start by making toast cups, which serve as a vehicle for individual portions of classic Caesar salad.
Yield: Makes 4 dozen.
July 02, 2019
- 1/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 24 slices white sandwich bread
- 4 cups coarsely chopped slivered romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup thick Caesar salad dressing
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Shaved Parmesan cheese*
- Sliced ripe olives*
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare garlic butter, combine butter and garlic until blended; set aside.
- To prepare toast cups, cut 2 rounds from each bread slice using a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter. Flatten bread rounds with a rolling pin. Lightly butter both sides of bread rounds with garlic butter. Press into mini muffin cups. Bake until toast cups are crisp and lightly browned, about 10 - 12 minutes. Remove from pans and cool toast cups on racks. Toast cups may be prepared in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.
- Combine lettuce, salad dressing and bacon. Spoon lettuce mixture, mounding slightly, into toast cups. Top with a small piece of Parmesan cheese and an olive slice. Cover and refrigerate until serving or for up to 4 hours.
62 calories, 3.3 g fat, 1.9 g protein, 6.4 g carbohydrate, 1.4 g fibre, 114 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
We used Renée’s Gourmet Caesar Dressing and Dip in this recipe.