BLACK BEAN AND MANGO TANGO
This ultra-fresh salad combines the goodness of black beans with sweet and juicy mango. The cilantro-citrus dressing has just a bit of a spicy kick, which goes beautifully with the mango.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 can (19 oz / 540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen kernel corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- To prepare dressing, whisk together lime juice, salt, cumin, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
206 calories, 5.6 g fat, 7.8 g protein, 34.6 g carbohydrate, 8.7 g fibre, 331 mg sodium