BLUEBERRY AND GRANOLA BREAKFAST PARFAITS
Fresh or frozen blueberries work equally well for the sauce used in this light breakfast dish. These parfaits come together quickly — there’s no need to make your own granola when you can crumble up a couple of your favourite store-bought granola bars.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed granola bars (about 2)
- 1 tbsp chopped crystallized ginger
- 3 cups vanilla yogurt
- To prepare blueberry sauce, combine blueberries, honey, 2 tbsp ginger and sugar in a large nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is reduced and slightly thickened, about 20 minutes; cool.
- Combine granola bars and 1 tbsp ginger. For each serving, spoon 1/2 cup yogurt into a small bowl or glass. Top with about 1/3 cup blueberry sauce. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp granola bar mixture.
276 calories, 1.9 g fat, 10.7 g protein, 57.5 g carbohydrate, 3.3 g fibre, 59 mg sodium