BLUEBERRY AND RHUBARB COCONUT CRISP
This baked crisp combines two of our favourite summer fruits, though you can substitute frozen blueberries and rhubarb if they’re out of season. The rolled oats and brown sugar topping is jazzed up with toasted coconut.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour or rice flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2 inch)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare topping, combine flour, oats, coconut, brown sugar and salt in a bowl. Stir in melted butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside. Combine blueberries, rhubarb, sugar, tapioca and lemon peel in a bowl. Spoon blueberry mixture into a greased 3 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake until juices are thick and bubbly and topping is golden, about 40 minutes. Serve warm.
360 calories, 12.9 g fat, 4.2 g protein, 59.8 g carbohydrate, 5.2 g fibre, 108 mg sodium