Broccolini is broccoli’s more slender cousin. Braise these green vegetables in a broth flavoured with lemon and dill weed to make this versatile side dish.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 03, 2019
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb (500 g) broccolini, trimmed
- Combine all ingredients except broccolini in a frypan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add broccolini and cook, covered, for 5 – 6 minutes or until tender.
56 calories, 2.2 g fat, 3.5 g protein, 6.5 g carbohydrate, 1.1 g fibre, 223 mg sodium