Preparing brunch dishes in muffin tins simplifies both your cooking and cleanup. These muffin-sized morsels bring together brunch food favourites — bacon, eggs, cheese and potatoes — in neat individually portioned cups.
Yield: Makes 12.
July 02, 2019
- 1 cup chopped bacon
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 3 cups shredded peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded aged white cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- Sriracha sauce*
- Sauté bacon in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat until browned and crisp. Remove from heat. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; drain bacon on paper towels and set aside. Drain off all but 2 tbsp fat from frypan.
- Return frypan to medium heat. Melt butter with fat in frypan. Add potatoes and sauté until tender and lightly browned, about 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Return bacon to frypan. Add green onions and stir to combine.
- Divide potato mixture among 12 greased muffin cups. May be prepared to this point and refrigerated overnight.
- Remove muffin pan from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Top potato mixture with cheese, dividing equally. Crack 1 egg on top of mixture in each muffin cup. Bake until eggs are set, about 15 minutes. Serve drizzled with Sriracha sauce.
267 calories, 19.9 g fat, 11.4 g protein, 10.1 g carbohydrate, 0.8 g fibre, 287 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.