Blowing bubbles has always been a great way to spend warm summer days. Make your own family memories and bring out the smiles with our easy homemade bubble solution.
Yield: Makes 4 2/3 cups
May 28, 2020
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup liquid dish soap
- 2 tbsp white corn syrup or glycerin
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Place water into a 2-quart (2 L) container. Add soap, corn syrup and baking powder; stirring gently to combine. Mixture will fizz and go milky, allow foam to dissipate before using. May be prepared to this point and covered for 24 hours or longer.
- Dip a bubble wand or hoop into mixture. Slowly wave bubble wand around to create bubbles.
Glycerin may be available in your local pharmacy, or in the baking section of your local craft store or bulk foods store.
Don’t have any extra bubble wands at home? Don’t worry! You can make your own wand by making a loop with a pipe-cleaner or make a yarn loop between two sticks. The best part is you can make them as small or as large as you want!
- Bulky weight yarn, at least 36 inches
- 2 wooden dowels or thick wooden skewers, about 1/4 inch thick and at least 12 inches long
- 2 large beads
- Tie one end of yarnd to one wooden dowel. Measure out 12 inches and tie to second dowel.
- Thread beads onto yarn. Tie free end of yarn back onto first dowel, close to the first knot, creating a U shape.
- Push beads into bottom of the U and tie a knot above the beads
- Allow bubble wand to soak in solution before first use.