You don’t need mayonnaise to make a creamy coleslaw — this slaw’s milky dressing is made from buttermilk, honey and canola oil. Serve it as a side with barbecued meat or on top of a pulled pork sandwich.
Yield: Makes 4 cups.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp sliced green onion
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- To prepare dressing, whisk together buttermilk, oil, green onion, vinegar, honey, mustard and garlic until blended.
- Combine green and red cabbage in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
31 calories, 2.3 g fat, 0.4 g protein, 2.6 g carbohydrate, 0.4 g fibre, 16 mg sodium
If desired, 4 cups store-bought coleslaw mix may be used instead of the green and red cabbage.