Butterscotch Ice Cream Sandwiches
There is nothing like enjoying a cool treat on a hot summer day! Satisfy your craving with our Butterscotch Ice Cream Sandwiches. Vanilla ice cream filling sandwiched between two thin and crispy butterscotch cookies - Yum!
Yield: Makes 14
June 03, 2020
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tbsp white corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Preheat oven to 350ᵒF.
- Combine oats, flour and sugar in a bowl; set aside.
- Stir together butter, water, corn syrup, baking soda and vanilla.
- Add butter mixture to oat mixture and combine until dough comes together. Shape dough into 28 1-inch balls.
- Place balls 3 inches apart on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Flatten balls slightly.
- Bake until golden brown and edges are set, about 12 minutes. Let cookies stand for 5 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove from cookie sheets and cool cookies completely on racks.
- Spread about 1/3 cup ice cream onto flat bottom of 14 cookies. Place a cookie, flat side down, on top of each ice cream mound, making sandwiches. Press down gently until ice cream spreads to fill cookies.
- Wrap sandwiches individually with plastic wrap and freeze until firm.
297 calories, 12.6 g fat, 4.5 g protein, 42 g carbohydrate, 1.8 g fibre, 230 mg sodium