CAJUN COBB SALAD
A Cobb salad is an entrée-size array of chopped ingredients, usually consisting of hardboiled eggs, meat, salad greens, avocado, blue cheese and other goodies. This creative version uses Cajun-spiced barbecued steak and our Pink Peppercorn Buttermilk Dressing.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/4 lb (0.625 kg) strip loin steak
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- Pink Peppercorn Buttermilk Dressing, divided
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen kernel corn
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Spread Cajun seasoning over both sides of steak.
- Grill steak over medium heat on natural gas barbecue to desired doneness. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice steak into thin slices; set aside.
- To serve, place 1 romaine heart half on each of 4 individual serving plates. Drizzle each romaine heart half with 2 tbsp Pink Peppercorn Buttermilk Dressing. Dividing equally, add steak, eggs, avocado, radishes, corn, walnuts and blue cheese to plates. Drizzle servings with remaining Pink Peppercorn Buttermilk Dressing. Serve immediately.
673 calories, 51.1 g fat, 36.3 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate, 8 g fibre, 862 mg sodium
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp pink peppercorns, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Place all ingredients except oil in a blender; blend to combine.
- With machine running, pour oil through opening in lid in a thin steady stream, blending until combined.
89 calories, 9.3 g fat, 0.3 g protein, 1.5 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 70 mg sodium