CALIFORNIA CHEESE BREAD
Take your cheese bread to the next level by spreading a creamy mixture of spicy Monterey Jack, sour cream and paprika onto baguettes. Grill on the barbecue and serve with steak or other grilled meats.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 baguette, halved lengthwise
- Additional paprika*
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on low heat. Meanwhile,combine cheese, onions, sour cream, garlic and paprika; set aside.
- Wrap baguette halves individually in foil, leaving cut side open.
- Spread cheese mixture over cut side of baguette halves. Sprinkle with additional paprika.
- Heat bread over low heat directly on grid or on warming rack on natural gas barbecue until cheese is melted and bread is golden around edges, about 10 - 15 minutes. Slice bread and serve.
185 calories, 5.6 g fat,9.4 g protein, 24.4 g carbohydrate, 11.3 g fibre, 333mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.