CARAMEL ICE CREAM CAKE
Homemade ice cream cakes are so impressive and really quite easy to make. This one boasts a walnut ginger oat crust and our decadent Buttery Caramel Sauce.
Yield: Serves 12.
July 02, 2019
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup salted butter, melted
- Buttery Caramel Sauce
- 8 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, walnuts, ginger and salt. Stir in butter. Press mixture firmly into a greased 10x15 inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F until lightly browned, about 12 - 15 minutes. Cool and crumble.
- Sprinkle half of crumbs over bottom of a greased 10 inch springform pan. Drizzle with half of Buttery Caramel Sauce. Spread ice cream over sauce. Drizzle with remaining Buttery Caramel Sauce. Sprinkle remaining crumbs over sauce and press lightly into cake.
- Freeze until firm. Cake may be frozen for up to 1 month. Allow cake to soften in refrigerator for 15 - 20 minutes before slicing.
529 calories, 26.5 g fat, 7.5 g protein, 67.3 g carbohydrate, 1.3 g fibre, 217 mg sodium
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup light cream (10%)
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes; cool.