- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground pork
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 whole wheat kaiser buns
- Lettuce leaves and red onion slices*
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, combine ground pork, onion, lime peel, garlic, thyme, allspice, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Grill patties over medium heat on natural gas barbecue until completely cooked. Serve in buns with lettuce and onion slices.
Nutritional analysis per burger:
360 calories, 16.1 g fat, 21.1 g protein, 32.3 g carbohydrate, 1.8 g fibre, 514 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.