Cheddar and Bacon Burger
Your regular burger has been upgraded. With every bite, enjoy melted cheese and crispy bacon mixed right into your burger patty.
Food Storage: 3 days in the refrigerator, 1 month in the freezer.
Yield: Makes 8
May 05, 2021
- 8 slices bacon, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 lb (1 kg) lean ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups shredded aged cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs) or fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Canola oil*
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Suggested toppings*: cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, lettuce, tomatoes and pickle
- Heat a large frypan over medium heat. Sauté bacon until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain off all bacon fat; discard. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Combine bacon, beef, cheese, onion, panko, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, egg and pepper in a bowl. Shape mixture into 8 patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Brush a light coating of oil on barbecue grid. Grill patties over medium heat until grill-marked, about 8 – 10 minutes. Flip patties and continue to cook until cooked through, about 8 – 10 minutes. Serve in hamburger buns with desired toppings.
535 calories, 29.2 g fat, 39.4 g protein, 28.6 g carbohydrate, 3.9 g fibre, 698 mg sodium
*Ingredients not included in nutritional analysis.