- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 - 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional*
- Whisk together eggs, water, salt and pepper until blended.
- Melt butter in a medium non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Pour egg mixture into frypan. Cook, lifting edges of egg mixture occasionally toward centre of frypan with a spatula, allowing uncooked egg mixture to run underneath. Cook until eggs are set, about 45 – 60 seconds.
- Sprinkle cheese over half of egg mixture. With a spatula, lift uncovered half of egg mixture and lay over cheese-covered half. Gently slide omelette onto a plate. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
273 Calories, 23.3 g fat, 14.3 g protein, 1.0 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 510 mg sodium
Tip: If making more than one omelette, whisk together the corresponding number of eggs and amounts of water, salt and pepper. Make one omelette at a time, using 1/2 cup measures of egg mixture for each omelette.