CHEESE AND ONION BREAD
Mozzarella, cream cheese and green onions are great toppers for warm French bread. We like toasting this side dish on the barbecue and serving it with steak or other grilled meat.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp salted butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in mozzarella cheese and onion.
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on low heat. Wrap bread halves individually in heavy duty foil, leaving cut side open.
- Spread cheese mixture over cut side of bread halves. Dust with paprika.
- Heat bread over low heat directly on grid or on warming rack on natural gas barbecue until cheese is melted and bread is golden around edges, about 15 - 20 minutes. Slice bread and serve.
231 calories, 11.2 g fat, 9.4 g protein, 23.4 g carbohydrate, 1.1 g fibre, 334 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.