CHEESE STUFFED DATES WITH PEPPER JELLY
These sweet dates are stuffed with creamy Boursin cheese and topped with store bought pepper jelly for a quick yet refined appetizer.
Yield: Makes 3 dozen.
July 02, 2019
- 36 whole pitted dates
- 1 pkg (150 g) Boursin cheese with pepper, softened
- 3 tbsp red or green pepper jelly
- Slit each date lengthwise, but do not cut in half.
- Spread each date to open slightly. Spoon about 1/2 tsp of cheese into each date, spreading evenly.
- Arrange dates in a single layer on a serving dish. May be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, top each stuffed date with 1/4 tsp pepper jelly.
65 calories, 1.5 g fat, 1.4 g protein, 12.7 g carbohydrate, 1.1 g fibre, 52 mg sodium