CHERRY JAM RACK OF LAMB
Wow your dinner guests with this spectacular rack of lamb. This roast lamb is complemented with an intensely flavourful sauce made with cherry jam and dried cherries.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp packed golden brown sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 4 racks of lamb (8 ribs each)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup port
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 3 tbsp cherry jam
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp salted butter, chilled and cubed
- To prepare rub, combine 1 tbsp oil, brown sugar, mustard, 2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and cardamom. Spread rub evenly over meaty portion of each rack of lamb. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil. Remove lamb from refrigerator and let stand for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in large nonstick frypan over medium-high heat. Add lamb in batches, brown on both sides. Place lamb, bone side down, on pan.
- Roast until a meat thermometer registers 135 – 140°F, about 15 – 20 minutes. Meanwhile, to prepare sauce, set same frypan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add port, chicken broth, cherries, cherry jam, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, scraping to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add butter and whisk until melted; keep warm.
- Let lamb stand for 5 minutes before carving. Serve with sauce.
535 calories, 26 g fat, 52.2 g protein, 17.2 g carbohyrates, 0.9 g fibre, 976 mg sodium