CHIA AND COCONUT OVERNIGHT OATS
These breakfast oats don’t require any cooking: the oats get tender from soaking in liquid overnight. This recipe gives you the added health benefits that come with chia seeds, and is flavoured with coconut and raisins.
Yield: Serves 2.
July 02, 2019
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 tsp packed golden brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Milk (2%)*
- Combine all ingredients except milk in a bowl.
- Divide mixture between 2 wide-mouth half-pint (250 mL) jars. Jars will be about three-quarters full. Seal jars and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover jars. Stir in milk to desired consistency.
274 calories, 7.9 g fat, 13.6 g protein, 38.5 g carbohydrate, 7.1 g fibre, 113 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.