CHICKEN WITH HERB VINAIGRETTE
These grilled chicken breasts are dressed with a fresh herb balsamic vinaigrette for a light and summery entrée.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Additional capers, optional*
- Purée oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs and capers in a blender until smooth.
- Place 2 tbsp of vinaigrette in a heavy zip-lock plastic bag. Reserve remaining vinaigrette separately.
- Add chicken to bag and squeeze bag to coat chicken with vinaigrette; seal bag. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from vinaigrette; discard vinaigrette. Grill chicken over medium heat on natural gas barbecue until chicken is cooked through, about 12 - 15 minutes.
- Place chicken on a small platter. Drizzle with reserved vinaigrette. Garnish with capers.
334 calories, 21.5 g fat, 31.8 g protein, 1.7 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 128 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.