CHICKPEA SALAD WITH FETA
This chickpea salad takes advantage of Mediterranean-style ingredients like kalamata olives, feta cheese and lemon juice. Serve it as a side dish or as a cold lunch entrée.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (19 oz / 540 mL each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup shredded feta cheese
- To prepare dressing, whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt and cayenne pepper until blended.
- Combine chickpeas, onion, parsley, olives and cheese in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
342 calories, 13.1 g fat, 15.7 g protein, 41.9 g carbohydrate, 13.2 g fibre, 741 mg sodium